Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gearing up for the Month ahead

Tonight Daddy leaves for a month of training. It's not a deployment (yet) but I guess it is a good practice-run because communication will be pretty limited. It's not like this is my first rodeo, but it's still getting me a little down. Partly I am sad because the real deployment is coming so quickly after this training period. And partially I am afraid the kids are going to go crazy and out of control the way they did last time he left for a month, which was in April. So in an effort to pep myself up for this, here are some of the positive things I can do during this month of training:
- Get more sleep! (I have been staying up til midnight with hubby, just to get some time together, but this pregnant mama can't do that anymore!)
- Keep on growing our baby. He has just under 3 months left in there!
- stay relaxed about the housework. I keep a clean, sanitary home. I don't mind if there's a little dust or the grass gets a little tall outside, because I don't need to impress anyone.
- get back to a healthy eating and workout routine. Even though it's the 3rd trimester, I still need to take care of myself, but I won't have to keep up with hubby's tastes and lifestyle!
- Enjoy time with my friends. I am part of a wonderful playdate group, many of whom have deployed husbands, so this is good bonding time.
- make memories with the kids. Daddy is not prone to adventure during his regular work hours, so when he's gone the kids and I like to explore.

Yeah, ok, when I think about it like that it's not too bad! Sure, I'll miss my husband. But there are also lots of fun opportunities waiting for the kids and I during the month ahead. So I intend to stay strong and make the most of it! Anyone else have favorite deployment mottos or tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment