Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Introduction

Well, here it is, my first blog post! For years I have watched blogging grow in popularity, and always thought it was not for me. Recently, I have changed my mind. After completing my Master's in Business Administration a month ago, for the first time I can say that I am finished with formal education classes! Not only do I suddenly have more time on my hands, but I also find myself missing the educational environment, and the opportunity to continue growing mentally. So now I am starting a blog. Here are my reasons for being "here," in the bloggo-sphere:
1. To have intelligent conversations with people over the age of 2!
2. To share my stories and experience as a military wife, and to continue learning from others who have been through it.
3. To have an audience for the numerous hilarious moments of motherhood.
4. To make new friends that share common background and views, regardless of where we are currently stationed.

I have decided to call this blog "The Homefront," to reflect my position as a military wife and a stay-at-home mom. What can you expect to find here? First, some of my experiences as a military wife. My husband joined the Marines 10 years ago, and during that time I have visited 29 Palms and lived in Quantico and Camp Lejeune. We have done one move (DITY) and had 2 children in the military hospitals. We have been through 4 deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and are preparing for the next one later this year. So even though I certainly haven't "done it all," I am happy to share the glorious pride and frustrating pains of being a military spouse.
Next, as a stay-at-home mom to a 2 year old daughter and a 1 year old son, who is expecting #3 later this year, every day is a little battle here on the homefront. Sometimes I am the general trying to lead my little troops through the day in an orderly manner, and other times I feel more like the enemy-- outnumbered, surrounded, and without adequate supplies! Nevertheless, I love this job and am proud to serve my family and my country this way. So I will be happy to share the joys and struggles of motherhood with you all.
Finally, I hope this can be a place for enlightening discussion and supportive friendship. I am not a drama-queen, and I have not created this page to be a whining session about the difficulties of being a military spouse. I am an optimist and a strong Christian who tries to see the best in every situation and be confident in God's ability to get me through. So I welcome your comments, but please, be nice! After all, I am a newbie! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment