Monday, March 7, 2011

Ah, pregnancy


Well today I am 16 weeks into this pregnancy, which means I'm done with the 4th month! And here is my preggo belly so far. I regret that I don't get a cute little bowling ball belly with my pregnancies. I am an all-over carrier I guess. With the 1st child, people told me it was because she was a girl... but it was the same with my 2nd pregnancy, which was definitely a boy! Not sure yet what this one is. So far I have gained about 12 pounds, and I find myself in a constant mental struggle with that. I expect to gain about 35 total, because that is how it was with my other 2. More than the doctors like, but still a healthy average. And I think I am gaining a little faster this time, partially because I started out really tiny (size 4) and partially because I have been very lazy with eating right, and having constant cravings for sugar! I also think the 3rd baby pops your tummy out much faster, because this is what I looked like after only 6 weeks:

So most of the changes have been to my hips and butt, not the baby at all! Even though I successfully lost the weight after both other pregnancies (and even ended up smaller than I started!) it has really been depressing me this time around. I had just reached size 4 for the first time in my life, and was enjoying that! And now it is hard to give up my healthy body to this pregnancy fatigue and nausea and cravings. But I got through the 1st trimester and am feeling more like myself again, so I think it is time to start getting back into a work-out routine, and making better choices about my meals. Because I still have a LONG way to go. And even though I have a whole deployment to work it off, I know that the less extra weight I carry around this year, the better I will feel in the long run. Does anyone else struggle mentally with pregnancy and post-baby weight? Did you find yourself obsessing about nutrition and weight during your pregnancy, or were you relaxed?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog! i'm now following back. i wish you great success in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally struggle with pre-preggo and post-baby weight! It's taken me much longer getting the second baby weight off than the first! It IS such a mental struggle!

    ReplyDelete