Friday, March 11, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

This is my first time trying this, so I hope I link everything correctly! This week, the link-up is to Wife of a Sailor.

This week’s questions are:

1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent

So far, I seem to have a baby just before each deployment! Two for two on that! Nothing like a newborn to make the time fly by! But seriously, I do try to stay pretty active, not just taking the kids to play dates and field trips, but also having little projects around the house, taking classes online, etc. I find that hosting get-togethers or dinners for friends give me something to plan and look forward to. Plus, I try to schedule family visits so that we see someone almost every month. That way, when Granny leaves, we can look forward to seeing the cousins in a few weeks!

2. What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb

Honestly, the only concerts I have been to are Christian Bands and Mannheim Steamroller (Christmas music). I know, I grew up under a rock! But the Newsboys are a Christian band that give very fun and moving concerts, so I have enjoyed them. I have been to a few live Orchestra concerts, and my husband and I really enjoy that!

3. What do you miss most about your “hometown”? submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier
I grew up in a very small town, and had no friends actually in town. My friends were from the next county over, because I went to school half an hour away. So while I miss my parents' beautiful house and farm, there isn't much about the town itself that I miss. However, I went to college in DC, and got used to the exciting events and never-ending activities in the city. Even though many of my college friends have moved out of the DC area, I still miss having things to do and people to see all the time.

4. If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.
Well, I have only run one 5K (last year) and it was for the Wounded Warriors. They raise money for injured or killed military and their families. I ran because another wife in my husband's battalion had just lost her husband during their deployment. So, I guess I will do almost anything for my military wives and friends!

5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum? submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench
Haha, that's funny! Hmmm, I think I would go with French Onion Soup, followed by a tender Steak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and buttery green beans. And to finish it off, a devilishly rich Dark Chocolate cake!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the Newsboys! They do put on a great show.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! And I love seeing so many people saying Wounded Warriors for their charity. From what I've heard about it, it's such a wonderful organization. :)

    Visiting from the Mil Spouse Weekly Roundup. Have a great weekend!

    xoxo
    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete